Curriculum Intent & Implementation
Our vision translates directly into our curriculum in that;
Our curriculum promotes a love and appreciation of life and learning in all its fullness, enabling children to realise a passion for the possible.
Our curriculum enables children to learn and retain a body of knowledge to which they can develop and apply key critical thinking and communication skills becoming creative, confident and enquiring learners.
Building on their strengths, interest and experiences our curriculum enables children to grow and flourish both academically, socially and emotionally experiencing success in a range of situations and contexts.
- A vision of the aim and ambition of our curriculum, rooted in our vision and principles.
- A curriculum for all of our children recognising their individual uniqueness as well as the common challenges faced by many.
- Based on our knowledge and understanding of key cognitive science principles and supporting research.
- Promotes a love of reading and learning.
- Promotes children learning a balance of knowledge and skills.
- Provides Curriculum equality and a values subject disciplines.
- Curriculum that actively broadens the horizons of our children from their immediate local communities and helps prepare them for life in modern Britain.
- Values development of positive attitudes to learning as a highly as the knowledge and skills of the curriculum content.
- Unappologetically ambitious enabling all children to progress well and be the very best they can be for themselves.
Our full curriculum statement of intent can be accessed by clicking on the link below: